prof. M. (Marianne) de Visser
- Professor emeritus of neuromuscular diseases
Marianne de Visser (1950) has been a member of the Council since 1 September 2013. She studied medicine at the University of Amsterdam, obtaining her degree in 1975. She has been a neurologist since 1980 and obtained her doctorate in 1981.
She has worked as a neurologist at the AMC Medical Centre at the University of Amsterdam since 1982. Since 1993 she has been Professor of Neuromuscular Diseases at the University of Amsterdam. From 1999 to 2009 she was a member of the board of the Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Care Innovation (ZonMw), part of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). She was also vice-chair of the Health Council of the Netherlands from 2002 to 2010.
Other positions/offices held
- Member Supervisory Board UMCU
- Member Supervisory Board Centre for Human Drug Research
- Chair Forum Biotechnologie and Genetica
- Member of the Supervisory Board Leyden Academy
- Chair and commissionner at LifeLines
- Chair Programmcommission Memorabel, ZonMW
- Chair board Vereniging Samenwerkingsverband Chronische Ademhalingsondersteuning
- Member Board Commissie Genetische Modificatie
- Member Board Voeding Leeft!
Societal and economic value of prevention in the Netherlands. Attaining happier, healthier and more productive lives / Lucia Isabel Fiestas Navarrete, Marianne de Visser and J.A. (André) Knottnerus